HOW TO REPAIR YOUR CORRUPTED SD-CARD USING COMMAND PROMPT (CMD)
This process involves Windows command prompt which is commonly known as CMD. In this, you have to enter some CMD commands and Windows will forcefully format your corrupted SD card.
- Connect the corrupted SD card to your computer.
- Hover your mouse on the Start button and Right Click.
- Click Command Prompt (Admin). A CMD window will open.
- Type diskpartand press Enter.
- Type list diskand press Enter. A list of all the storage devices connected to your computer will be displayed.
- Type select disk <the number of your disk>and press Enter. (Example: select disk 1). Important: Make sure you enter the number correctly. Otherwise, you may format your internal hard drive. You can type list disk again to check whether you are going correctly. There will be a star (asterisk symbol) before the name of the selected disk.
- Type cleanand press Enter.
- Type create partition primaryand hit Enter.
- Type active.
- Type select partition 1.
- Type format fs=fat32 and press Enter.The format process will finish in a few minutes.You can write ntfs instead of fat32 if you want to carry files larger than 4 gigabytes. Don’t close the CMD